Features, Performance, Value for the Everyday LMR User
The IC-F5021 series is ideal for small-to-mid sized systems for public safety, large industry to light commercial users. The IC-F5021 series offers multiple signaling, advanced scanning, improved external channel control capability and wide frequency coverage packed in a compact body. This rugged mobile easily exceeds your expectations with its reliable performance and communication quality.
Icom Taking it to the Extreme – Rugged Radios for Rugged Terrain
A South American resort implements an Icom repeater and radios for their HeliSkiing operation. Radios featured include the IC-F4001, IC-F50 and the IC-F5021.
128 memory channels
128 channels (max.) separated into 8 memory zones. Memory channels can be identified with the 8-character channel name and selected easily with the up/down buttons.
Front mounted speaker
4 watts (typ.) front mounted speakers delivers clear and loud audio. With the speaker facing the operator, audio can be clearly heard without impediment during operations.
6 programmable buttons
A pair of up/down and P0-P3 function assignable buttons allow you to customize functions to meet specific needs. An independent volume knob offers simple, convenient operation.
MIL grade rugged construction
The tough aluminum die-cast chassis and polycarbonate front panel have been tested to the MIL standard 810F. With this heavy-duty construction, the IC-F5021 series provides reliable operation over the long term in all manners of rugged environments.
Most popular signalings built-in
Use the built-in 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS capabilities as standard to set up your own talk groups, PTT ID and quiet stand-by when others are talking. The IC-F5021 series has added CTCSS/DTCS high speed decode and 2-Tone decode accuracy.
MDC 1200 compatible
The following MDC features are available with the built-in MDC signaling.
- PTT ID (TX/RX)
- Radio check (RX)
- Radio stun (RX)
- Radio revive (RX)
- Emergency TX/RX (No ACK)
- 5 alias table (max.)
Multiple 2-tone, multiple 5-tone
Multiple 2-Tone, Multiple 5-Tone Up to ten 2-Tone and eight 5-Tone codes can be decoded on a channel. When a matched tone is received, the following items are programmable for each code.
- Beep sound
- Answer back
- Bell icon
- Radio stun/kill/revive
Radio kill, stun and revive
The radio kill/stun functions disable a lost or stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners. When the stun command is received, all functions will be temporarily locked out until the revive command is received or the unlock password is entered.
Lone worker function
When the radio is not operated for a present period, the radio sounds a beep and requires you to push any button. If the radio is still not operated for a specified wait period, an emergency signal automatically transmits and informs co-workers that something may have happened to the individual worker.
Mode dependent scan
In the mode dependent setting, the scanning setting is dependent on the operating channel. When you change the operating channel the scanning list automatically changes the list set for that channel. It is convenient when you move to a different operating area and change operating channel, you don’t have to change the scanning setting.
Tx channel setting and talk back function
The Tx channel setting allows you to program a transmission channel while scanning. Start channel, last detected channel, priority and preprogrammed channels are selectable. Prior to the Tx channel setting, the talk back function allows you to talk on the last detected channel, while scanning resumes after a preset time. The user can easily make a quick response with this function.
Wide frequency coverage
The IC-F5021 series covers a wide frequency range in one version (VHF 136–174Mz, UHF 400–470 or 450–512MHz).
The IC-5021 series has a 40–pin option slot for adding an optional unit. Optional voice scrambler units, UT-109R or UT-110R provide secure private conversation. Optional DTMF decoder unit, UT-108R offers DTMF decode capability.
External memory channel control with optional ACC cable
With the optional OPC-1939 D-SUB 15-pin ACC cable, the IC-F5021 series can be programmed to control an operating channel from an external device (up to 16 preprogrammed channels). The ACC connector also provides an ignition sensing function, external PTT, PC command, honk honk, audio output and modulated signal input depending on programming.
- Wide/narrow (25/12.5kHz) channel spacing
- Embedded ESN
- ±2.5ppm frequency stability
- Microphone hanger action programmable
- 8 DTMF autodial memories
- Power-on password function
- Nuisance delete function
- Time-out-timer, lock-out penalty timer and more
- Extended Warranty – 1 year extended warranty for a total 3 years – $25
- Extended Warranty – 2 year extended warranty for a total 4 years – $44
- Extended Warranty – 3 year extended warranty for a total 5 years – $62
- Antenna – IC-ANTENNA 1 – 118-940MHz mountable unity antenna, Field Tunable, 1/4 WAVE, CHR – $20.00
- Antenna – IC-ANTENNA 2 – 144-174MHz 3dB gain mountable antenna, CHR, 59 inches high – $38.00
- Antenna – IC-ANTENNA 3 – 450-470MHz 5dB gain mountable antenna, CHR, 40 inches high – $42.00
- Antenna – IC-ANTENNA 4 – 152-162MHz 3dB Gain Mountable Gray 1/4 Wave 21.6 inches – $20.00
- External Speakers – IC-SP22 – 5W small mobile rectangular external speaker (4Ohm)2 – $58.00
- External Speakers – IC-SP30 – 20W large external speaker – $110.00
- External Speakers – IC-SP35 – 5W external speaker with 3.5mm speaker jack and 2m cable – $60.00
- Microphones – IC-HM148G – Self grounding microphone for mobile radios – $67.00
- Microphones – IC-HM148T – DMTF mobile microphone – $110.00
- Microphones – IC-HM152 – Standard microphone for low/mid range mobile radios– $44.00
- Microphones – IC-HM152T – DTMF modular microphone for LM mobile radios – $90.00
- Microphones – IC-SM26 – Desktop microphone with monitor switch for mobile radios – $90.00
PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE & CABLES
- Programming Software – IC-CSF3021/F5021/F5011 – F3021/5021/5011 series programming software – $72.00
- Cables – IC-OPC1122 – PC to radio programming cloning cable for mobile radios with RC-232S connector. – $99.00
- Cables – IC-OPC1122U – PC to radio programming cloning cable for mobile radios with USB connector – $99.00
- Programming – IC-PROGLM1234 – Icom to program your radio or IAS product – $42.00